The Daytona 500, delayed by rain, may get on the road by 7:02 p.m. ET today, according to Fox Sports. The 54th Daytona 500 is scheduled to air live on Fox.
Crews are trying to dry off the track in time for the evening start. The race had been rescheduled already, and was to have started at noon today.
Related story: Dodge Sets Unveiling of 2013 Charger at Speedway
Mike Helton, NASCAR president, said that the 7:02 start at the Daytona International Speedway is a "reasonable expectation," according to Fox Sports.
The Daytona 500 was expected to be a "ratings jackpot" for Fox -- "if it goes off as expected," according to USA Today.
Officials have been trying to get the rains-soaked race under way since Sunday afternoon.
Related item: Danica Patrick Smashes Wall in Gatorade Duel
Most Popular Stories
- George Zimmerman Arrest Viewed Differently According to Race
- Putin, Obama Make Little Progress over Syria
- Jurors will Remain Anonymous in Zimmerman Case, Judge Orders
- Arrests, 7-Elevens Seized in Illegal Immigrant Scheme
- NHL's Phoenix Coyotes Could Be on Move to Seattle
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Michale Applebaum, Mayor of Montreal, Arrested
- Pope Talks Crime, Drugs, Poverty With Maduro
- Assange Still Holed up at Ecuadorean Embassy
- Kanye West's 'Yeezus' Is Wildly Experimental, Narcissistic