The Daytona 500, delayed by rain, may get on the road by 7:02 p.m. ET today, according to Fox Sports. The 54th Daytona 500 is scheduled to air live on Fox.
Crews are trying to dry off the track in time for the evening start. The race had been rescheduled already, and was to have started at noon today.
Related story: Dodge Sets Unveiling of 2013 Charger at Speedway
Mike Helton, NASCAR president, said that the 7:02 start at the Daytona International Speedway is a "reasonable expectation," according to Fox Sports.
The Daytona 500 was expected to be a "ratings jackpot" for Fox -- "if it goes off as expected," according to USA Today.
Officials have been trying to get the rains-soaked race under way since Sunday afternoon.
Related item: Danica Patrick Smashes Wall in Gatorade Duel
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25