Android Device Activations Soar to 850,000 per Day --> Andy Rubin, Google's senior vice president of mobile and digital content, today revealed on Google's Mobile Blog an astonishing figure: daily activations of Android devices have hit the astounding mark of 850,000.
While the bulk of these are smartphones, the figure includes tablet devices using Google services -- but not, for example, the Kindle Fire, which runs on Android but doesn't tap into those services, according to TechCrunch.
In the blog post, Rubin, who is currently in Barcelona at the Mobile World Congress event, reflects on the difference between Android's penetration and availability of apps a year ago, at the last Mobile World Congress, versus today. Last year, he writes, "we announced that there were more than 150,000 apps in Android Market. That number tripled to more than 450,000 apps today."
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.