Steven Paul Jobs was born in San Francisco on Feb. 24, 1955.
Steve Jobs, as the world knows him would be 57 today. Jobs was the innovative co-founder of Apple--a computer software company that dominates its industry.
Jobs transformed personal use of technology as well as entire industries with products such as the iPod, iPad, iPhone, Macintosh computer and the iTunes Store. He died Oct. 5, 2011.
Related story: "Apple's Steve Jobs Changed the Way We Live"
Today, on his birthday, people are still mourning his loss and his birth date has started a trending topic on Twitter: "Happy Birthday Steve Jobs."
Things people are saying:
Vanessa Hernandez (■@_NessBoo): "Happy Birthday Steve Jobs as I tweet this from my iPhone, which you created. Thank you."
BooBear (■@LetsLoveLouis): "Happy Birthday Steve Jobs, thank-you for making the thing i use most every single day, honestly don't know what i'd do without my iPod. :')"
Andy Bedingfield■ (@aNdY_Be3): "Happy Birthday Steve Jobs. We miss you. You truly were the Thomas Edison of our day."
Related story: "Facebook Timeline Profile of Apple Co-founder Steve Jobs Taken Down"
Steve Jobs formed Apple Computer in a garage with Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne in 1976. Wayne stayed only a short time, leaving Jobs and Wozniak as the primary co-founders of the company.
Jobs, who was a fan of The Beatles, referred to them on multiple occasions at keynotes and referred to the UK group as his business model.
"My model for business is The Beatles: They were four guys that kept each other's negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts. Great things in business are never done by one person, they are done by a team of people."
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers