Steven Paul Jobs was born in San Francisco on Feb. 24, 1955.
Steve Jobs, as the world knows him would be 57 today. Jobs was the innovative co-founder of Apple--a computer software company that dominates its industry.
Jobs transformed personal use of technology as well as entire industries with products such as the iPod, iPad, iPhone, Macintosh computer and the iTunes Store. He died Oct. 5, 2011.
Related story: "Apple's Steve Jobs Changed the Way We Live"
Today, on his birthday, people are still mourning his loss and his birth date has started a trending topic on Twitter: "Happy Birthday Steve Jobs."
Things people are saying:
Vanessa Hernandez (■@_NessBoo): "Happy Birthday Steve Jobs as I tweet this from my iPhone, which you created. Thank you."
BooBear (■@LetsLoveLouis): "Happy Birthday Steve Jobs, thank-you for making the thing i use most every single day, honestly don't know what i'd do without my iPod. :')"
Andy Bedingfield■ (@aNdY_Be3): "Happy Birthday Steve Jobs. We miss you. You truly were the Thomas Edison of our day."
Related story: "Facebook Timeline Profile of Apple Co-founder Steve Jobs Taken Down"
Steve Jobs formed Apple Computer in a garage with Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne in 1976. Wayne stayed only a short time, leaving Jobs and Wozniak as the primary co-founders of the company.
Jobs, who was a fan of The Beatles, referred to them on multiple occasions at keynotes and referred to the UK group as his business model.
"My model for business is The Beatles: They were four guys that kept each other's negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts. Great things in business are never done by one person, they are done by a team of people."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women