Honda has issued a recall of 46,000 of its Odyssey Minivans. Honda's recall was spurred by the Odyssey's faulty power tailgate, which, when open, can potentially drop unexpectedly and injure people standing underneath. The recall affects model year 2008 and 2009 Odyssey minivans that have power rear liftgates.
At fault for Honda's recall, according to CNN, a manufacturing error by the part supplier allows the gas-filled struts that hold the tailgates to potentially leak, thus impacting the struts' ability to hold up the tailgate.
Owners should be contacted via U.S. mail starting in mid-March.
The Honda Odyssey, which debuted in 1995, has proven to be a popular pick among minivans.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs