78-year-old Larry King spent 27 years of his illustrious broadcasting career at CNN. This week, Larry King and CNN came to a mutual decision to end that relationship.
"Larry King Live," King's signature show, ended in 2010 amid declining ratings, but King and CNN planned on having quarterly interview show specials.
"Piers Morgan Tonight," the successor show to "Larry King Live" on CNN, has garnered better ratings than its predecessor in its first year by about 55,000 viewers nightly.
King is reportedly working on an unknown venture with Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim Helu, the richest man in the world.
Interested in daily updates from King? Larry King has proven to be a prolific "Twitterer"--his Twitter account is @kingsthings
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill