Goya Foods will be a first-time participant and official provider of Latin/Hispanic foods at the 2012 Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival, according to a news release. The festival offers hundreds of foodies the chance to try many cuisines and meet high-caliber celebrity chefs.
The festival takes place Feb. 23-26, and will benefit the Florida International University (FIU) Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management and the Southern Wine & Spirits Beverage Management Center.
"Goya Foods is a great addition to the festival," founder and director Lee Brian Schrager said. "The support of quality brands like Goya allows us to continue producing the festival each year and gives our consumers an excellent wine and culinary experience."
Goya will be a part of the Whole Foods Market Grand Tasting Village on Feb. 25-26.
In addition, Goya will take to the high seas aboard the Biscayne Lady for Salsa at Sea Feb. 26. Special guest chefs Timon Balloo (Sugarcane, Miami) and Pichet Ong (La Esquina, New York) will join in to offer the best in Latin fare for a truly inspired brunch cruise.
Goya will also be a part of the festival's family-friendly programming on Feb. 25-26 at Jungle Island. Florida Blue's Fun and Fit as a Family featuring Kellogg's Kidz Kitchen returns with healthy food tastings, physical fitness activities, interactive food labs and star-studded healthy cooking demonstrations.
"Goya products have been a part of Hispanic homes for generations, and today, the most demanding chefs recognize the versatility of our food line, including Goya's world-class extra virgin olive oil, chicken bouillon, tomato sauce and beans," Frank Unanue, president of Goya Foods of Florida, said.
"We are proud and honored to be the official Latin/Hispanic food provider for this edition of the festival, and look forward to showcasing the authenticity that our products add to any type of cuisine."
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention