Ticket holders for the taping of The Colbert Report set to run Wednesday night were met with disappointment--show staff sent an email saying that the taping would be canceled due to "unforeseen circumstances." Subsequent reports have revealed that it may be a family emergency keeping Stephen Colbert from his popular political satire show.
According to the Wall Street Journal's Speakeasy blog, "people familiar with the show" are citing a family emergency as the cause for a halt to production on The Colbert Report's tapings for the show's Wednesday and Thursday airings.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets