Ticket holders for the taping of The Colbert Report set to run Wednesday night were met with disappointment--show staff sent an email saying that the taping would be canceled due to "unforeseen circumstances." Subsequent reports have revealed that it may be a family emergency keeping Stephen Colbert from his popular political satire show.
According to the Wall Street Journal's Speakeasy blog, "people familiar with the show" are citing a family emergency as the cause for a halt to production on The Colbert Report's tapings for the show's Wednesday and Thursday airings.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women