Mercedes has announced plans for a new urban
delivery van called Citan as a brother to the Vario, Sprinter and
Vito, broadening the range in the lower weight classes.
The Citan will be offered as a panel van, a crew bus, a mixed-use vehicle and in a variety of lengths and weights, the carmaker said. The market launch is scheduled for later this year.
The vehicle will be unveiled to the general public for the first time at the IAA Commercial Vehicle Show in the northern German city of Hanover in September.
Apart from fuel-efficient diesel and petrol engines an electric drive version is also being planned.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women