Amanda Knox may be back in the dock again sometime soon. Despite her acquittal in October of the 2007 murder of her housemate, Meredith Kercher, Italian prosecutors aren't letting it go.
Prosecutors said the acquittal of Knox and her now ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito was "contradictory and illogical, the Associated Press reported.
Prosecutors Giovanni Galati and Giancarlo Costagliola said in their motion that acquitting Knox and her ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito was "contradictory and illogical." Acquittals can be appealed in Italy.
Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito had been convicted in 2009, but the case was tossed after independent forensics investigators made hash of the police investigation.
Amanda Knox's family appeared unfazed by the news.
"The appeal of Amanda's acquittal by the prosecution was not unexpected as they had indicated from the day of the verdict that they would appeal," they said in a statement on her Facebook page, Amanda Knox Online.
Related story: "Amanda Knox Lawyers Up -- This Time for a Book Deal"
Most Popular Stories
- Summer Movie Forecast: Biggest Box Office Season Yet for 3D Movies
- Fox, Twitter Team Up to Promote TV Shows, Sell Ads
- One Hot Summer as Theater Season Opens
- Cinedigm and Universal Studios Home Entertainment Enter Into Multiyear Home Entertainment Distribution Relationship
- iPhone 6 'Appears' on Vodafone U.K. Store as '4G iPhone 6'
- Hispanics Wanted in STEM Careers
- Nikki Hill Brings Raw Energy to Roanoke
- Boman Modine Launches Kickstarter Campaign for Film About Cystic Fibrosis
- Guitar Center Sessions Updates on New Episodes Featuring The Smashing Pumpkins, Goo Goo Dolls, OneRepublic and Talib Kweli
- OSN Strengthens Regional Footprint With New Flagship Showroom in Kuwait
News-To-Go
Advertisement
Advertisement
News Column
Amanda Knox Prosecutors To Appeal Not-Guilty Verdict
Feb. 15, 2012
Staff -- HispanicBusiness Inc.
Advertisement
Source: HispanicBusiness.com (c) 2012. All rights reserved.
Story Tools



