The world will get another "Transformers" movie. This will be the fourth installment and is due out June 29, 2014.
Director Michael Bay is confirming his two-picture deal with Paramount, according to Deadline.com.
Bay's other flick will be "Pain And Gain" in April starring Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
"I'm told Bay is meeting with executive producer Steven Spielberg now to flush out ideas while the studio is in the process of hiring a writer. MichaelBay.com promises that the next installment 'will bring audiences a new take on the Transformers franchise' based on the Hasbro toyline," said Deadline.com writer Nikki Finke.
Back in December 2011, MTV reported that Bay and Paramount were close to close to inking a deal.
The interesting thing is, is that this news was still hush hush, but Lorenzo di Bonaventura felt like spilling the beans at a toy convention, and producers are not happy.
Here's the interview with MTV:
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable