The world will get another "Transformers" movie. This will be the fourth installment and is due out June 29, 2014.
Director Michael Bay is confirming his two-picture deal with Paramount, according to Deadline.com.
Bay's other flick will be "Pain And Gain" in April starring Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
"I'm told Bay is meeting with executive producer Steven Spielberg now to flush out ideas while the studio is in the process of hiring a writer. MichaelBay.com promises that the next installment 'will bring audiences a new take on the Transformers franchise' based on the Hasbro toyline," said Deadline.com writer Nikki Finke.
Back in December 2011, MTV reported that Bay and Paramount were close to close to inking a deal.
The interesting thing is, is that this news was still hush hush, but Lorenzo di Bonaventura felt like spilling the beans at a toy convention, and producers are not happy.
Here's the interview with MTV:
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod