A winning Powerball ticket Wednesday bumped the number of unclaimed $1 million tickets in the state to three.
Already, Virginia Lottery officials were waiting to hear from the owners of two second-prize winners from the Nov. 28 jackpot, according to a lottery news release.
Wednesday's ticket was purchased at Ocean Grocery on Venable Street in Richmond. The winning numbers for that drawing were 13, 17, 19, 27, 38 and the Powerball was 12. The winning ticket matched the first five numbers.
The two unclaimed tickets from the Nov. 28 drawing were purchased in Arlington and Richmond; two others bought in Daleville and Harrisonburg have been claimed.
The numbers from that drawing were 5, 16, 22, 23, 29 and the Powerball was 6.
Lottery winners have 180 days from a drawing to claim their prizes. Lottery officials are asking winners to sign the back of their ticket and call 804-692-7000.
The next drawing will be held Saturday with an estimated top jackpot of $40 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property