A winning Powerball ticket Wednesday bumped the number of unclaimed $1 million tickets in the state to three.
Already, Virginia Lottery officials were waiting to hear from the owners of two second-prize winners from the Nov. 28 jackpot, according to a lottery news release.
Wednesday's ticket was purchased at Ocean Grocery on Venable Street in Richmond. The winning numbers for that drawing were 13, 17, 19, 27, 38 and the Powerball was 12. The winning ticket matched the first five numbers.
The two unclaimed tickets from the Nov. 28 drawing were purchased in Arlington and Richmond; two others bought in Daleville and Harrisonburg have been claimed.
The numbers from that drawing were 5, 16, 22, 23, 29 and the Powerball was 6.
Lottery winners have 180 days from a drawing to claim their prizes. Lottery officials are asking winners to sign the back of their ticket and call 804-692-7000.
The next drawing will be held Saturday with an estimated top jackpot of $40 million.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women