A winning Powerball ticket Wednesday bumped the number of unclaimed $1 million tickets in the state to three.
Already, Virginia Lottery officials were waiting to hear from the owners of two second-prize winners from the Nov. 28 jackpot, according to a lottery news release.
Wednesday's ticket was purchased at Ocean Grocery on Venable Street in Richmond. The winning numbers for that drawing were 13, 17, 19, 27, 38 and the Powerball was 12. The winning ticket matched the first five numbers.
The two unclaimed tickets from the Nov. 28 drawing were purchased in Arlington and Richmond; two others bought in Daleville and Harrisonburg have been claimed.
The numbers from that drawing were 5, 16, 22, 23, 29 and the Powerball was 6.
Lottery winners have 180 days from a drawing to claim their prizes. Lottery officials are asking winners to sign the back of their ticket and call 804-692-7000.
The next drawing will be held Saturday with an estimated top jackpot of $40 million.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Sonoma Growers Win Emerald Cup Cannabis Competition
- Rubio Offers Endorsements, Cash to 2014 GOP Candidates
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach
- Cantor Fitzgerald Settles Suit
- GM Plant Tackles Tough Waste Challenge
- Legal Dope in Uruguay Breaks International Law, Says Buzzkill U.N.
- Pope Removes U.S. Archbishop from Powerful Post
- 'New Rich' May Be Barrier to Bridging Income Gap
- Researchers Question Effectiveness of Vitamins