A winning Powerball ticket Wednesday bumped the number of unclaimed $1 million tickets in the state to three.
Already, Virginia Lottery officials were waiting to hear from the owners of two second-prize winners from the Nov. 28 jackpot, according to a lottery news release.
Wednesday's ticket was purchased at Ocean Grocery on Venable Street in Richmond. The winning numbers for that drawing were 13, 17, 19, 27, 38 and the Powerball was 12. The winning ticket matched the first five numbers.
The two unclaimed tickets from the Nov. 28 drawing were purchased in Arlington and Richmond; two others bought in Daleville and Harrisonburg have been claimed.
The numbers from that drawing were 5, 16, 22, 23, 29 and the Powerball was 6.
Lottery winners have 180 days from a drawing to claim their prizes. Lottery officials are asking winners to sign the back of their ticket and call 804-692-7000.
The next drawing will be held Saturday with an estimated top jackpot of $40 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women