Miramar-based Spirit Airlines is continuing to spread its wings.
On Thursday the low-cost carrier announced the earlier start of nonstop seasonal service to Myrtle Beach, S.C., from five U.S. cities: Chicago; Detroit; Latrobe/Pittsburgh, Pa.; Niagara Falls, N.Y., and Charleston, W.Va.
Most of the seasonal flights are expected to be running in time for Valentine's Day and the Presidents Day weekend, according to Spirit.
Flights between Myrtle Beach and Chicago O'Hare, Detroit and Latrobe will kick off Feb. 14, while service to Niagara Falls begins Feb. 15 and to Charleston on March 2.
Routes will operate daily, twice-weekly or three times a week based on final destination.
"We're thrilled to save consumers money while satisfying their desire to travel," Spirit's Chief Marketing Officer Barry Biffle said in a statement. "With our affordable low fares, we offer the best value in travel."
Spirit also moved up the start date of its new service from Dallas/Fort Worth to Philadelphia and between DFW and Minneapolis-St. Paul to April 4.
The carrier will host an open house Dec. 7-9 in Dallas-Fort Worth to hire new flight attendants for its crew base there, which officially opened this week.
The Dallas-Fort Worth flight attendant and pilot crew base will be home to about 250 crew members by summer 2013, Spirit said.
For information on job openings, visit spirit.com/careers.
On Wednesday, Spirit also announced new daily nonstop service between Orlando and Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport beginning Feb. 14.
"Spirit's new low-fare service expands our connection to the Houston metropolitan area, which is Orlando's seventh-largest domestic market, with nearly 2,800 passengers per day," said Phil Brown, executive director of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority, in a statement.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women