Hispanicize named CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien as co-chairwoman for its fourth annual Hispanic trends event and announced the agenda for its inaugural Hispanic Journalist Showcase today.
"These are challenging, fast changing times for Hispanic journalists and for Latinos in general," said O'Brien. "It's a true honor to co-chair Hispanicize 2013."
"Soledad's example of enterprising journalism, integrity and her marketing savvy skills are in many ways a terrific road map for success for all Hispanic journalists," said Manny Ruiz, founder and creative director of Hispanicize 2013.
"Soledad's prominent role in the event underscores how committed we are to making Hispanicize 2013 an uplifting and career-changing platform for all Hispanic journalists regardless of whether they work in Latino or non-Latino media," said Mike Valdes-Fauli, co-chairman of Hispanicize 2013 and president of JeffreyGroup.
O'Brien will also be recognized as one of 2013's six Latinovators, a Hispanicize honor awarded to Hispanic trailblazers. Univision network anchor Maria Elena Salinas was named to the inaugural list of Latinovators in 2012.
The Hispanic Journalist Showcase
Bloggers, filmmakers, journalists, marketers and music artists will convene at Hispanicize 2013 for more than 80 sessions to hear 200 speakers discuss media, social media, entertainment and marketing.
The Hispanic Journalist Showcase includes professional development sessions, Hispanic student journalism projects, marketplace contacts with major broadcast and digital networks, and "genius" sessions with leading journalists.
Hispanicize 2013 will take place April 9-13, 2013, at the Eden Roc Hotel in Miami Beach, Fla.
Hispanicize offers Hispanic journalists full VIP access to the event, with credentialed, working members of the media given complimentary tickets. Full-time journalists who attend for strictly professional development reasons will get a special journalist rate of $450.
Hispanicize 2013 is a partnership of the Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA), Hispanicize and the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA.
PR Newswire contributed to this report.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney