Starlet Lindsay Lohan says she didn't know she owed more than $200,000 to the Internal Revenue Service until it was too late, the New York Post reported.
The IRS recently seized the "Liz & Dick" actress' bank assets to cover unpaid income taxes totaling $233,904.
"Lindsay is freaking out. And she's doing what she always does, which is to say it's not her fault and point the finger at someone else in her team. She says she didn't know anything about it ... . She's broke and it's not her fault," an insider told the Post.
"The people hired to take care of it are taking care of it and it will be resolved by the end of the year," a second source said.
Actor Charlie Sheen also reportedly gave Lohan $100,000 to help cover the tax bill.
Lohan, 26, is a former child star whose once-bright career has been eclipsed in recent years by her legal woes and battles with drug and alcohol addiction.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low