Starlet Lindsay Lohan says she didn't know she owed more than $200,000 to the Internal Revenue Service until it was too late, the New York Post reported.
The IRS recently seized the "Liz & Dick" actress' bank assets to cover unpaid income taxes totaling $233,904.
"Lindsay is freaking out. And she's doing what she always does, which is to say it's not her fault and point the finger at someone else in her team. She says she didn't know anything about it ... . She's broke and it's not her fault," an insider told the Post.
"The people hired to take care of it are taking care of it and it will be resolved by the end of the year," a second source said.
Actor Charlie Sheen also reportedly gave Lohan $100,000 to help cover the tax bill.
Lohan, 26, is a former child star whose once-bright career has been eclipsed in recent years by her legal woes and battles with drug and alcohol addiction.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models