Dan Auerbach, fun., Jay-Z, Mumford & Sons, Frank Ocean and Kanye West were nominated for six Grammy Awards apiece at a concert in Nashville.
The Black Keys, Chick Corea and Miguel were each nominated in five categories at Wednesday night's "Grammy Nominations Live!" show at the Bridgestone Arena.
The nominees for Album of the Year are "El Camino" by The Black Keys, "Some Nights" by fun., "Babel" by Mumford & Sons, "Channel Orange" by Frank Ocean and "Blunderbuss" by Jack White.
In the running for Record of the Year are "Lonely Boy" by The Black Keys, "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" by Kelly Clarkson, "We Are Young" by fun. and Janelle Monae, "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye and Kimbra, "Thinkin Bout You" by Frank Ocean and "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift.
Shortlisted in the Best New Artist category are Alabama Shakes, fun., Hunter Hayes, The Lumineers and Frank Ocean.
Competing for Song of the Year are "The A Team," "Adorn," "Call Me Maybe," "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" and "We Are Young."
"The Grammy Awards process once again has produced a diverse and impressive list of nominations across multiple genres," Neil Portnow, president and chief executive officer of The Recording Academy, said in a statement. "This year's nominees truly represent an exceptional and vibrant creative community that exemplifies some of the highest levels of artistry and excellence in their respective fields."
Winners will be announced at a Feb. 10 ceremony at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The prize presentation is to air on CBS.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?