EchoStar Corporation has hired Jennifer A. Manner, the former deputy chief of the FCC's Office of Engineering and Technology, as its vice president of regulatory affairs. Manner will report to Dean A. Manson, executive vice president, general counsel and secretary.
Manner has more than 20 years of experience as a telecommunications policy and regulatory executive. In addition to her last role, she served the FCC as the deputy chief of its Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau from 2009 to early 2012. She also served as vice president, regulatory affairs, Skyterra Communications; senior counsel to FCC Commissioner Kathleen Q. Abernathy and director of international alliances at WorldCom, Inc., as well as other high profile executive positions. In addition, Manner is an adjunct professor of law at Georgetown University Law Center.
"Jennifer has a tremendous understanding of the satellite industry and the broader telecommunications industry. As a policy expert, she's literally written the book on topics such as spectrum, broadband and emerging technologies," said Manson. "Her grasp of the domestic and international communications regulatory structure will be a great asset to EchoStar as we continue to grow our company and expand our product lines."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women