Actor Stephen Baldwin was arrested Thursday in New York for alleged failure to file personal income tax returns from 2008-10, prosecutors said.
The Rockland County District Attorney's office told TMZ the "Usual Suspects" star owes more than $350,000 in back taxes.
"At a time when Rockland County and New York State face severe fiscal shortfalls, we cannot afford to allow wealthy residents to break the law by cheating on their taxes," the district attorney's office said in a statement. "The defendant's repetitive failure to file returns and pay taxes over a period of several years contributes to the sweeping cutbacks and closures in local government and in our schools."
Baldwin faces a possible four years in prison if convicted.
The actor is the younger brother of "30 Rock" star Alec Baldwin.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Broadband Policies Could Mean 11,000 Jobs
- William Morris Endeavor Eats up IMG
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President