Actor Stephen Baldwin was arrested Thursday in New York for alleged failure to file personal income tax returns from 2008-10, prosecutors said.
The Rockland County District Attorney's office told TMZ the "Usual Suspects" star owes more than $350,000 in back taxes.
"At a time when Rockland County and New York State face severe fiscal shortfalls, we cannot afford to allow wealthy residents to break the law by cheating on their taxes," the district attorney's office said in a statement. "The defendant's repetitive failure to file returns and pay taxes over a period of several years contributes to the sweeping cutbacks and closures in local government and in our schools."
Baldwin faces a possible four years in prison if convicted.
The actor is the younger brother of "30 Rock" star Alec Baldwin.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?