The editors of Motor Trend magazine named the 2013 Ram 1500 as their Truck of the Year.
The "Ram 1500 not only withstood our rigorous testing, it impressed at every step along the way," said Edward Loh, Motor Trend editor-in-chief. "It's a truck that can be tailored to meet most anyone's needs."
Truck of the Year contenders are evaluated for design, engineering, efficiency, safety, value and performance of intended function. Trucks must be all new or have been substantially changed from the previous model to be eligible.
"Motor Trend's Truck of the Year is an amazing honor, truly one of the most prestigious awards an automaker can achieve," said Fred Diaz, president and CEO of Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico. "It reaffirms the fact that Ram has the best truck on the road today. Bar none."
For 2013, the new Ram 1500 is rated at 25 mpg and comes with a choice of engines, including the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine and the Pentastar V-6. It is available in nine trim levels and starts at $23,585 including $995 destination charge.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media