The editors of Motor Trend magazine named the 2013 Ram 1500 as their Truck of the Year.
The "Ram 1500 not only withstood our rigorous testing, it impressed at every step along the way," said Edward Loh, Motor Trend editor-in-chief. "It's a truck that can be tailored to meet most anyone's needs."
Truck of the Year contenders are evaluated for design, engineering, efficiency, safety, value and performance of intended function. Trucks must be all new or have been substantially changed from the previous model to be eligible.
"Motor Trend's Truck of the Year is an amazing honor, truly one of the most prestigious awards an automaker can achieve," said Fred Diaz, president and CEO of Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico. "It reaffirms the fact that Ram has the best truck on the road today. Bar none."
For 2013, the new Ram 1500 is rated at 25 mpg and comes with a choice of engines, including the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine and the Pentastar V-6. It is available in nine trim levels and starts at $23,585 including $995 destination charge.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence