Knotice, a provider of data management, analytics and digital messaging solutions, released new mobile email opens data Thursday showing that 45 percent of emails sent by retailers during the days before and after Thanksgiving were opened on a mobile device, up 50 percent from the same busy shopping week in 2011.
Data from Knotice's latest Cyber Week report is based on a sampling of approximately 2.8 million emails sent from November 20 to November 26, 2012 and during the same time period in 2011 and includes data on opens by time of day, by device time (phone and tablet) and more. This holiday addendum is one of a series of reports exploring email activity by device, time of day and across different types of industries. This latest report focuses exclusively on commercial emails sent by retailers in the days leading up to Black Friday, ending at midnight on Cyber Monday.
Some key takeaways from the report include:
Tablet Use is Gaining: The number of emails opened on tablets during Cyber Week doubled over the past year.
Apple Devices Lead the Way: The iPhone and iPad remain the most popular devices for opening email, with the iPhone netting 23.93 percent of opens, and the iPad 15.81 percent.
Click Activity on Tablets Outpaces Mobile Phones: During Cyber Week, tablets saw 10.08 percent click-through rate, while the click-through rate on phones was 9.98 percent.
Knotice's Holiday Mobile Email Opens report is a companion to the company's comprehensive bi-annual Mobile Email Opens Reports, which feature an in-depth look at mobile email activity across several industry segments and more. View the latest Mobile Email Opens Report for H1 2012, here.
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress