If you thought the around-the-clock, midnight shopping madness was isolated to Black Friday, you would be wrong.
It's now creeping into December, too, in the home stretch leading up to Christmas.
Macy's announced Thursday that all of its stores will be open for 48 hours straight starting from 7 a.m. Friday, Dec. 21, through 7 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 23. Then the stores will close for an hour, and re-open for normal business hours.
The department store tested out these extended hours in select markets last year before rolling them out nationwide this year.
"We found our customers really appreciated it," said Lauren Rapisand, a Macy's spokeswoman. "They tend to be really busy at this time of year."
So the late-night and early-morning shopping hours were popular with some shoppers, she said.
Last year, a number of retailers held extended hours in the home stretch leading up to Christmas. Some Target stores stayed open until midnight, while Toys R Us stayed open for 112 consecutive hours leading up to Christmas Eve.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures