If you thought the around-the-clock, midnight shopping madness was isolated to Black Friday, you would be wrong.
It's now creeping into December, too, in the home stretch leading up to Christmas.
Macy's announced Thursday that all of its stores will be open for 48 hours straight starting from 7 a.m. Friday, Dec. 21, through 7 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 23. Then the stores will close for an hour, and re-open for normal business hours.
The department store tested out these extended hours in select markets last year before rolling them out nationwide this year.
"We found our customers really appreciated it," said Lauren Rapisand, a Macy's spokeswoman. "They tend to be really busy at this time of year."
So the late-night and early-morning shopping hours were popular with some shoppers, she said.
Last year, a number of retailers held extended hours in the home stretch leading up to Christmas. Some Target stores stayed open until midnight, while Toys R Us stayed open for 112 consecutive hours leading up to Christmas Eve.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women