The Black Keys, the duo of native Akronites drummer Pat Carney and singer/guitarist Dan Auerbach received a nomination for record of the year for their hit song Lonely Boy during the Grammy's Nominations Concert Live broadcast Wednesday night from Nashville, Tenn.
Their seventh album, El Camino, was nominated for album of the year and best rock album. Auerbach was nominated for producer of the year, including work with Dr. John and Hacienda.
Lonely Boy was also nominated for best rock performance and best rock song. The up-tempo rave-up with an old-school rock 'n' roll sound peaked at 64 on the Billboard Hot 100 and topped the Alternative and Rock Song charts.
It was also given a boost by its offbeat video, which has more than 20 million views on YouTube and has been featured on several television shows and a few commercials.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges