Hollywood star Angelina Jolie, a mother of six young children, says she plans to "give up the acting" when her kids become teenagers.
The "Salt," "Wanted," "Girl Interrupted" and "Lara Croft" star made the comments in an interview this week with Britain's Channel 4 News.
"I think I'm going to have to give up the acting as the kids hit the teenage years, anyway, too much to manage at home," the 37-year-old Oscar winner said.
"I have enjoyed being an actress," Jolie said. "I am so grateful to the job and I have had great experiences and I have even been able to tell stories and be a part of stories that mattered and I have done things for fun, but ... I will do some films and I am so fortunate to have the job, it's a really lucky profession to be a part of and I enjoy it. ... But if it went away tomorrow I would be very happy to be home with the children. I wake up in the morning as a mum and I turn on the news like everybody else and I see what's happening and I want to be part of the world in a positive way."
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Libyan Production Pushes Brent Crude Below $109
- UAW Will Take Another Swing at VW Chattanooga
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken
- Warren G. Harding's Spicy Love Letters to Be Released
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza