Hollywood star Angelina Jolie, a mother of six young children, says she plans to "give up the acting" when her kids become teenagers.
The "Salt," "Wanted," "Girl Interrupted" and "Lara Croft" star made the comments in an interview this week with Britain's Channel 4 News.
"I think I'm going to have to give up the acting as the kids hit the teenage years, anyway, too much to manage at home," the 37-year-old Oscar winner said.
"I have enjoyed being an actress," Jolie said. "I am so grateful to the job and I have had great experiences and I have even been able to tell stories and be a part of stories that mattered and I have done things for fun, but ... I will do some films and I am so fortunate to have the job, it's a really lucky profession to be a part of and I enjoy it. ... But if it went away tomorrow I would be very happy to be home with the children. I wake up in the morning as a mum and I turn on the news like everybody else and I see what's happening and I want to be part of the world in a positive way."
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison