Gold prices closed under $1,700 for the second consecutive day on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange Wednesday.
Gold dropped $2, or 0.12 percent, to close at $1,693.80 per troy ounce after dropping under $1,700 for the first time in a month on Tuesday.
Silver added 15 cents, or 0.45 percent, to reach $32.96.
The euro fell to $1.307 from Tuesday's $1.3095. The dollar rose to 82.43 yen from 81.90 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas