Gold prices closed under $1,700 for the second consecutive day on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange Wednesday.
Gold dropped $2, or 0.12 percent, to close at $1,693.80 per troy ounce after dropping under $1,700 for the first time in a month on Tuesday.
Silver added 15 cents, or 0.45 percent, to reach $32.96.
The euro fell to $1.307 from Tuesday's $1.3095. The dollar rose to 82.43 yen from 81.90 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals