Gold prices closed under $1,700 for the second consecutive day on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange Wednesday.
Gold dropped $2, or 0.12 percent, to close at $1,693.80 per troy ounce after dropping under $1,700 for the first time in a month on Tuesday.
Silver added 15 cents, or 0.45 percent, to reach $32.96.
The euro fell to $1.307 from Tuesday's $1.3095. The dollar rose to 82.43 yen from 81.90 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth