Gold prices closed under $1,700 for the second consecutive day on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange Wednesday.
Gold dropped $2, or 0.12 percent, to close at $1,693.80 per troy ounce after dropping under $1,700 for the first time in a month on Tuesday.
Silver added 15 cents, or 0.45 percent, to reach $32.96.
The euro fell to $1.307 from Tuesday's $1.3095. The dollar rose to 82.43 yen from 81.90 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November