Another candidate has thrown his hat in the ring to be El Paso's next mayor.
Robert Cormell, owner of The Bagel Shop restaurants and founder of Wayside Teen Center, said today that he will formally announce his mayoral bid at 7 p.m. Thursday at Amigo's Restaurant, 2000 Montana Ave.
"Robert is concerned about the future of our city," an email from Cormell's campaign address states. "He believes our mounting debt and out of control spending will continue to add financial pressure on families and business owners."
City Rep. Steve Ortega in November announced his intention to run for mayor in the May 2013 election.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules