Another candidate has thrown his hat in the ring to be El Paso's next mayor.
Robert Cormell, owner of The Bagel Shop restaurants and founder of Wayside Teen Center, said today that he will formally announce his mayoral bid at 7 p.m. Thursday at Amigo's Restaurant, 2000 Montana Ave.
"Robert is concerned about the future of our city," an email from Cormell's campaign address states. "He believes our mounting debt and out of control spending will continue to add financial pressure on families and business owners."
City Rep. Steve Ortega in November announced his intention to run for mayor in the May 2013 election.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data