Another candidate has thrown his hat in the ring to be El Paso's next mayor.
Robert Cormell, owner of The Bagel Shop restaurants and founder of Wayside Teen Center, said today that he will formally announce his mayoral bid at 7 p.m. Thursday at Amigo's Restaurant, 2000 Montana Ave.
"Robert is concerned about the future of our city," an email from Cormell's campaign address states. "He believes our mounting debt and out of control spending will continue to add financial pressure on families and business owners."
City Rep. Steve Ortega in November announced his intention to run for mayor in the May 2013 election.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him