Another candidate has thrown his hat in the ring to be El Paso's next mayor.
Robert Cormell, owner of The Bagel Shop restaurants and founder of Wayside Teen Center, said today that he will formally announce his mayoral bid at 7 p.m. Thursday at Amigo's Restaurant, 2000 Montana Ave.
"Robert is concerned about the future of our city," an email from Cormell's campaign address states. "He believes our mounting debt and out of control spending will continue to add financial pressure on families and business owners."
City Rep. Steve Ortega in November announced his intention to run for mayor in the May 2013 election.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter