Another candidate has thrown his hat in the ring to be El Paso's next mayor.
Robert Cormell, owner of The Bagel Shop restaurants and founder of Wayside Teen Center, said today that he will formally announce his mayoral bid at 7 p.m. Thursday at Amigo's Restaurant, 2000 Montana Ave.
"Robert is concerned about the future of our city," an email from Cormell's campaign address states. "He believes our mounting debt and out of control spending will continue to add financial pressure on families and business owners."
City Rep. Steve Ortega in November announced his intention to run for mayor in the May 2013 election.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Google Wants to Share PRISM Information
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Boeing to Build Stretch-Dreamliners