Crude oil prices slid toward $88 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, as traders waited for a weekly report on U.S. petroleum product inventories.
Traders are expecting a slight draw down for the week. The price of West Texas Intermediate crude oil, however, dropped 34 cents to $88.26 per barrel Wednesday morning.
Home heating oil added 0.26 cents to reach $3.0066 a gallon, while reformulated blendstock gasoline lost 1.2 cents to $2.677 a gallon. Henry Hub natural gas gained 5.4 cents to $3.597 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, AAA reported a national average price for regular unleaded gasoline at $3.38 per gallon, down a tenth of a cent from Tuesday's $3.381.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'