Guess who is back on Twitter, Team Breezy?
That's right your one and only -- Chris Brown!
Following a short hiatus from the social media website, Brown sent out his first tweet on Dec. 3 and has tweeted once per day since then.
Dec. 3: "#CarpeDiem"
Dec. 4: "Time to start fresh. #newchapter"
Dec. 5: "Team Breezy! Vote for love & respect! Only a few hours left. RT! http://bit.ly/UEuyW5"
The R&B singer deactivated his Twitter account on Nov. 25 after a vulgar tweeting match with comedian Jenny Johnson.
"I have zero respect for a person who seems unapologetic for the terrible crime he committed and shows no signs of changing," tweeted Johnson, to which Brown wrote: "Just ask Rihanna if she mad??????"
Johnson recieved multiple death threats from Brown fans, blaming her for his leaving Twitter.
A few days after the colorful Brown-Johnson-tweet-exchange, the comedian wrote a piece for GQ.com explaining the situation and its aftermath.
"I didn't want attention from all of this. If I wanted attention, I would have accepted all of the invitations to be on shows and to actually give exclusive interviews, but I declined all of them. I didn't think the thousands of (misspelled) death threats I got would have people thinking I saw myself as a victim, because I am NOT a victim of anything, nor have I ever thought I was (excluding the time I paid to see The Village).
I've had people assume I dislike Chris Brown because I'm taking up for Rihanna, I'm not. I'm on the side of good, of equality and respect for my fellow woman. I was raised to not respect a person who doesn't respect others. And one human being physically harming another human being is one of the most disrespectful acts there is. I have never been a victim of domestic abuse, nor was I raised in a house where there was abuse. I do however, know people who have been victims of abuse by a so-called 'loved one' and I've seen the long term damage it does."
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics