President Obama and House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, failed to pose for a photo together at the White House holiday party amid a deficit reduction standoff.
Obama and Boehner, who have been said to dislike one another's deficit reduction proposals, both attended the annual event Monday night for members of Congress but the speaker did not pose for a picture with the president as he has on previous occasions, ABC News reported Thursday.
The two politicians are currently working to get their respective deficit reduction proposals passed by Congress.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women