President Obama and House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, failed to pose for a photo together at the White House holiday party amid a deficit reduction standoff.
Obama and Boehner, who have been said to dislike one another's deficit reduction proposals, both attended the annual event Monday night for members of Congress but the speaker did not pose for a picture with the president as he has on previous occasions, ABC News reported Thursday.
The two politicians are currently working to get their respective deficit reduction proposals passed by Congress.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South