President Obama and House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, failed to pose for a photo together at the White House holiday party amid a deficit reduction standoff.
Obama and Boehner, who have been said to dislike one another's deficit reduction proposals, both attended the annual event Monday night for members of Congress but the speaker did not pose for a picture with the president as he has on previous occasions, ABC News reported Thursday.
The two politicians are currently working to get their respective deficit reduction proposals passed by Congress.
Most Popular Stories
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Apple Pay a Success