NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 12/04/12 -- Digital First Media, which operates MediaNews Group, Journal Register Company and Digital First Ventures, today announced the expansion of the Company's Social Media Wire, the real-time delivery of local and topical social media, news and video posts in an audience-facing newswire format.
Digital First Media's Social Media Wire was developed in concert with Crowdynews, the Dutch technology company specializing in delivering compelling and relevant content from the Social Web that matches a site's original content.
"When it comes to local news and information, the Social Web is invaluable. Our audiences are not only talking about the stories we produce and the topics we cover but they are adding to the conversation, offering new information and helping to find new angles through their conversations," said Jim Brady, Editor-in-Chief of Digital First Media. "The collaboration with Crowdynews to develop the Social Media Wire allows us to bring a new dimension of urgency, communication and access to social media channels for our audience. The Social Media Wire brings more voices, more sources to our sites."
Digital First Media's Social Media Wire is the first widespread deployment of Crowdynews' Breaking Burner product which allows automated collection and display of community-specific content from a variety of social media sources, including Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and local sites' RSS feeds. The Social Media Wire first launched earlier this year on the New Haven Register's website, NHRegister.com and it is displayed in both a home page widget and on the Social Media Wire channel page.
"It's been a pleasure to work with Digital First Media to define the needs and approach of this ground-breaking tool," said Edwin Kuipers, CEO and Co-Founder of Crowdynews. "Digital First Media's willingness to collaborate and to rapidly test, evaluate and deploy new audience-focused tools will continue to fuel the Company's growth and Crowdynews is pleased to be part of that growth. We place high value on our partnership."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women