Missing your state tax refund? Nearly 48,000 California taxpayers, with refunds totaling $14 million, have checks that can't be delivered, the state Franchise Tax Board said Monday.
The refunds, ranging from $1 to $35,000, were returned as "undeliverable" by the U.S. Postal Service.
"The biggest problem is people move and don't change their address (with the FTB)," said FTB spokeswoman Denise Azimi.
In the four-county area, the number of residents and the total amount of refunds are: El Dorado, 172 refunds for $41,400; Placer, 216 for $80,700; Sacramento, 1,147 for $262,400; Yolo, 160 for $53,000.
To check your refund status or update an address, call the FTB at (800) 852-5711 or go online: www.ftb.ca.gov (click on "Where's My Refund?")
Once an address is updated, the FTB will reissue the refund.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Public, Industry Weigh in on Oil Train Safety