U.S. singer Nick Lachey has been tapped by NBC to host a hybrid singing game show tentatively named "The Winner Is," the network said.
Lachey had previously served in the same capacity for NBC on another singing competition show, "Sing-Off" for three seasons from 2009 to 2011, The Hollywood Reporter said Friday.
John de Mol, of "The Voice," created the new show and will act as an executive producer alongside "The Voice's" Stijn Bakkers and "Deal of No Deal's" Craig Plestis.
"With Nick at the helm on air andÂ an original format from Talpa [Media USA] that includes surprising andÂ competitive twists, viewers are sure to be immersed and entertained," said Paul Telegdy, NBC alternative late-night programming president.
"The Winner Is" will feature a series of pairs of contestants who will perform before a panel of judges. After, the contestants can cut a deal with the judges and exit the show with a cash prize if they think their performance was sub-par. If they choose to remain in the game, the judge can either eliminate the contestant or move them to the next round and one step closer to the ultimate $1 million prize, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy