Lady Gaga purchased items at the Michael Jackson memorabilia auction held by Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Dec. 2. to preserve the legendary entertainer's memory.
The King of Pop auction featured wardrobe items and ephemera from the collection of designers Dennis Tompkins and Michael Bush, according to the Julien's Auction website.
"These pieces have not been seen since Jackson wore them on stage and in his videos. These very special items are offered for sale for the first time on December 2, 2012 at the Julien's Auctions Beverly Hills Gallery as part of our annual Icons & Idols auction," said the website.
Lady Gaga, a huge fan of Michael Jackson, purchased more than 50 pieces of the late legend.
"The 55 pieces I collected today will be archived & expertly cared for in the spirit & love of Michael Jackson, his bravery, & fans worldwide," Lady Gaga tweeted yesterday.
Julien Auctioneer Darren Julien said the jacket Jackson wore during his "Bad" tour sold for $240,000 and two of Jackson's crystal-encrusted gloves sold for more than $100,000 each, according to the Associated Press.
The pop starlett also tweeted this photo of her auction paddle and MJ glove and the auction catalogue with sticky notes, no doubt marking the items she wanted.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder