Lady Gaga purchased items at the Michael Jackson memorabilia auction held by Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Dec. 2. to preserve the legendary entertainer's memory.
The King of Pop auction featured wardrobe items and ephemera from the collection of designers Dennis Tompkins and Michael Bush, according to the Julien's Auction website.
"These pieces have not been seen since Jackson wore them on stage and in his videos. These very special items are offered for sale for the first time on December 2, 2012 at the Julien's Auctions Beverly Hills Gallery as part of our annual Icons & Idols auction," said the website.
Lady Gaga, a huge fan of Michael Jackson, purchased more than 50 pieces of the late legend.
"The 55 pieces I collected today will be archived & expertly cared for in the spirit & love of Michael Jackson, his bravery, & fans worldwide," Lady Gaga tweeted yesterday.
Julien Auctioneer Darren Julien said the jacket Jackson wore during his "Bad" tour sold for $240,000 and two of Jackson's crystal-encrusted gloves sold for more than $100,000 each, according to the Associated Press.
The pop starlett also tweeted this photo of her auction paddle and MJ glove and the auction catalogue with sticky notes, no doubt marking the items she wanted.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Kanye West 'SNL Speech' Renounces Celebrity Status
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- Ullman Says Penney Turnaround Will Take Time