Ex-President George H.W. Bush was in high spirits in a Houston hospital but will stay there until a persistent cough is "under grips," a hospital official said.
Jim McGrath of The Methodist Hospital said Bush, 88, has been treated since Nov. 23 because of the cough, the Houston Chronicle reported Sunday.
"Spirits are high and he got a good night's sleep," McGrath said.
"But he's still got a little bit of a cough and until we get that under grips we're not looking at any discharge date."
The former president's doctors have said Bush was hospitalized as a precautionary measure and that his condition was never considered life-threatening.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women