Crude oil prices headed higher in early trading Monday on the New York Mercantile Exchange, then reversed course and slipped back under $89 per barrel.
In New York, West Texas Intermediate crude oil closed in on $90 per barrel in early going, but ended the session just a penny ahead at $88.92 a barrel. Home heating oil shed 0.45 cents to reach $3.0562 a gallon, while reformulated blendstock gasoline lost 0.47 cents to $2.7255 a gallon. Henry Hub natural gas shed 1 cent in late trading to $3.59 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, AAA reported a national average price for regular unleaded gasoline at $3.387 per gallon, down from Sunday's $3.391.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]