It's looking more and more likely that Texas A&M will be spending New Year's
at Disney World.
According to a source, the Capital One Bowl has "laser-beamed" in on A&M after the Aggies won five consecutive games to close out the season at 10-2. The dream of many fans, an A&M-UT matchup in the Cotton Bowl, is "highly unlikely."
The only thing that could throw a wrench into the Aggies being Orlando bound is Georgia upsetting Alabama in the SEC Championship Saturday in Atlanta. That would force the Capital One Bowl to pick between the Crimson Tide and the Aggies.
With Kent State losing to Northern Illinois in the MAC Championship, Oklahoma looks destined for a BCS bowl berth, meaning the Cotton Bowl will choose between 8-4 teams Texas and Oklahoma State to fill the Big 12 spot.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8