It's looking more and more likely that Texas A&M will be spending New Year's
at Disney World.
According to a source, the Capital One Bowl has "laser-beamed" in on A&M after the Aggies won five consecutive games to close out the season at 10-2. The dream of many fans, an A&M-UT matchup in the Cotton Bowl, is "highly unlikely."
The only thing that could throw a wrench into the Aggies being Orlando bound is Georgia upsetting Alabama in the SEC Championship Saturday in Atlanta. That would force the Capital One Bowl to pick between the Crimson Tide and the Aggies.
With Kent State losing to Northern Illinois in the MAC Championship, Oklahoma looks destined for a BCS bowl berth, meaning the Cotton Bowl will choose between 8-4 teams Texas and Oklahoma State to fill the Big 12 spot.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap