It's looking more and more likely that Texas A&M will be spending New Year's
at Disney World.
According to a source, the Capital One Bowl has "laser-beamed" in on A&M after the Aggies won five consecutive games to close out the season at 10-2. The dream of many fans, an A&M-UT matchup in the Cotton Bowl, is "highly unlikely."
The only thing that could throw a wrench into the Aggies being Orlando bound is Georgia upsetting Alabama in the SEC Championship Saturday in Atlanta. That would force the Capital One Bowl to pick between the Crimson Tide and the Aggies.
With Kent State losing to Northern Illinois in the MAC Championship, Oklahoma looks destined for a BCS bowl berth, meaning the Cotton Bowl will choose between 8-4 teams Texas and Oklahoma State to fill the Big 12 spot.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida