OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/28/12 -- More than 1500 reservists from 34 and 35 Canadian Brigade Groups are participating in Exercise Noble Guerrier 13, an intensive training exercise taking place in Fort Pickett, Virginia, U.S.A. from January 2 to 9.
"Reservists fulfill an important role in the Canadian Forces therefore their training is crucial," said the Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence. "These citizen-soldiers are students and members of the civilian workforce who find time out of their busy schedules to defend Canada, at home and abroad."
Exercise Noble Guerrier 13 provides an opportunity for participating Canadian Army Reservists to validate their training in a realistic environment.
"Our reservists' dedication is a huge asset for the Canadian Army," said Lieutenant-General Peter Devlin, Commander of the Canadian Army. "This exercise brings together soldiers of many trades from across Quebec to work toward a common goal."
During this challenging, eight-day exercise, soldiers will participate in various scenarios and intense combat simulations. These types of training activities allow reservists to maintain a high level of preparation, which enables the Canadian Army to achieve and enhance their level of readiness.
Exercise Noble Guerrier 13 is the culmination of the year's training for Quebec's reservists. Fort Pickett offers them the opportunity to maintain and develop skills and knowledge in a new environment, which is essential for reserve force training.
Note to editors/news director:
For further information please contact Captain Ginette Champagne at 418-561-8728 or via email at email@example.com
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million