Gold futures on the COMEX division of the New York Mercantile Exchange ended modestly higher on
Thursday due to increased uncertainty about whether leaders in Washington can reach a budget deal before yearend.
The most active gold contract for February delivery edged up $3, or 0.18 percent, to settle at $1,663.7 per ounce.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer