Gold futures on the COMEX division of the New York Mercantile Exchange ended modestly higher on
Thursday due to increased uncertainty about whether leaders in Washington can reach a budget deal before yearend.
The most active gold contract for February delivery edged up $3, or 0.18 percent, to settle at $1,663.7 per ounce.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court