Gold futures on the COMEX division of the New York Mercantile Exchange ended modestly higher on
Thursday due to increased uncertainty about whether leaders in Washington can reach a budget deal before yearend.
The most active gold contract for February delivery edged up $3, or 0.18 percent, to settle at $1,663.7 per ounce.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO