Gold futures on the COMEX division of the New York Mercantile Exchange ended modestly higher on
Thursday due to increased uncertainty about whether leaders in Washington can reach a budget deal before yearend.
The most active gold contract for February delivery edged up $3, or 0.18 percent, to settle at $1,663.7 per ounce.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?