Gold futures on the COMEX division of the New York Mercantile Exchange ended modestly higher on
Thursday due to increased uncertainty about whether leaders in Washington can reach a budget deal before yearend.
The most active gold contract for February delivery edged up $3, or 0.18 percent, to settle at $1,663.7 per ounce.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?