Pop star Britney Spears likely won't return next season as a judge of "The X Factor" talent competition series, UsMagazine.com reported.
Spears joined the panel for the show's second season, which wrapped Dec. 20. She served alongside fellow judges Demi Lovato, L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell.
"They paid all that for her to say 'amazing' and offer half-claps," an insider told UsMagazine.com of Spears' $15 million salary and how she didn't earn it this season.
"He wanted crazy Britney but he got boring Britney," another source said of Cowell, the show's co-creator.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine