Ousted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is serving a life term in prison, was transferred to a military hospital for medical treatment, officials said.
Earlier this month, Mubarak, 84, suffered a head injury and bruising when he slipped in a prison hospital bathroom, CNN reported.
Egypt's state prosecutor ordered Mubarak's transfer to a military hospital, although an update of Mubarak's health wasn't given.
Mubarak is serving a life-in-prison sentence in Cairo's Tora prison for his complacency in the killing of protesters during Egypt's 2011 revolution.
He has been suffering health problems since his trial, which he attended on a gurney. He was reportedly in a coma in June following his conviction on charges of corruption and the killing of the protesters.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women