Ousted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is serving a life term in prison, was transferred to a military hospital for medical treatment, officials said.
Earlier this month, Mubarak, 84, suffered a head injury and bruising when he slipped in a prison hospital bathroom, CNN reported.
Egypt's state prosecutor ordered Mubarak's transfer to a military hospital, although an update of Mubarak's health wasn't given.
Mubarak is serving a life-in-prison sentence in Cairo's Tora prison for his complacency in the killing of protesters during Egypt's 2011 revolution.
He has been suffering health problems since his trial, which he attended on a gurney. He was reportedly in a coma in June following his conviction on charges of corruption and the killing of the protesters.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines