Ousted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is serving a life term in prison, was transferred to a military hospital for medical treatment, officials said.
Earlier this month, Mubarak, 84, suffered a head injury and bruising when he slipped in a prison hospital bathroom, CNN reported.
Egypt's state prosecutor ordered Mubarak's transfer to a military hospital, although an update of Mubarak's health wasn't given.
Mubarak is serving a life-in-prison sentence in Cairo's Tora prison for his complacency in the killing of protesters during Egypt's 2011 revolution.
He has been suffering health problems since his trial, which he attended on a gurney. He was reportedly in a coma in June following his conviction on charges of corruption and the killing of the protesters.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?