Mitsubishi Motors Corp. said
Wednesday it will start sales in Japan of the Delica D:5 minivan
with a clean diesel engine on Jan. 11, 2013.
The new minivan has a powerful performance and features a newly developed exhaust gas cleanup technology, according to the major Japanese automaker. It will be priced at between 3,419,000 yen and 3,934,000 yen.
The company targets monthly sales of 700 units for the current business year ending in March.
Aiming to expand its lineup of environmentally friendly vehicles, Mitsubishi Motors also said it will launch on Jan. 24 a plug-in hybrid model of the Outlander sport-utility vehicle that can be charged from a household power source.
The Outlander PHEV will come with a 100-volt electricity supply system for use as an emergency power source. Prices will range from 3,324,000 yen to 4,297,000 yen.
Also, Mitsubishi Motors will launch a new electric commercial minivehicle on Jan. 17. The Minicab-MiEV Truck will sell for 1,858,000 yen to 1,910,500 yen.END
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Health Care Signups Picked up Pace in November