Mitsubishi Motors Corp. said
Wednesday it will start sales in Japan of the Delica D:5 minivan
with a clean diesel engine on Jan. 11, 2013.
The new minivan has a powerful performance and features a newly developed exhaust gas cleanup technology, according to the major Japanese automaker. It will be priced at between 3,419,000 yen and 3,934,000 yen.
The company targets monthly sales of 700 units for the current business year ending in March.
Aiming to expand its lineup of environmentally friendly vehicles, Mitsubishi Motors also said it will launch on Jan. 24 a plug-in hybrid model of the Outlander sport-utility vehicle that can be charged from a household power source.
The Outlander PHEV will come with a 100-volt electricity supply system for use as an emergency power source. Prices will range from 3,324,000 yen to 4,297,000 yen.
Also, Mitsubishi Motors will launch a new electric commercial minivehicle on Jan. 17. The Minicab-MiEV Truck will sell for 1,858,000 yen to 1,910,500 yen.END
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property