The introduction of analytics to Google+ pages and communities will be key in ensuring that brands continue to invest time and resource into the social network, according to integrated PR, search and social media agency Punch Communications.
Many brands are now realising the value of Google+, not only as a community platform, but also as a network where they can have conversations with their audiences that are different from those on other social networks. However, as marketing teams come under continued pressure to generate tangible results from social media activity, analytics has become increasingly important in providing the information needed to track results and highlight successes.
PR, search and social media agency Punch Communications suggests that in order to thrive as a brand engagement platform, Google+ needs to provide the analytics required by marketing teams. Rather than brands and agencies manually collecting data and reporting only on what is publicly available from Google+ pages and communities, a tool would make this process far more straightforward and free up time for marketers to spend on data analysis.
Pete Goold, managing director of PR agency Punch, said: "Over the past few years we've seen a shift in brand social media behavior. What was initially a land grab to gain more fans than the nearest competitors is now a much more focused discipline requiring tangible results and meaningful interactions with consumers.
"Analytics for social networks has become a major part of the change, and Google+ is no different. The potential of Google+ as a brand platform is clear - introducing an analytics feature for pages will be key for Google+ to continue attracting brand activity that will make the network an even more engaging environment for users in future."
Punch Communications is an integrated PR, social media and SEO agency delivering campaigns for clients based all over the world.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go