Sumo wrestlers in Tokyo posed for mobile cameras as the online mapping system Google Maps Street View rolled past their stadium.
The photo session was staged Tuesday with the aim of showcasing sumo and the Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo's premier sumo venue, and included 68 sumo wrestlers lined up in front of the building as Google's nine cameras, offering a 360-degree view of the area, traveled past on a specially equipped bicycle, Mainichi Shimbun reported Wednesday.
The pictures will appear in Google's Street View next year, allowing users to see the area as if they were traveling through it.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays