Sumo wrestlers in Tokyo posed for mobile cameras as the online mapping system Google Maps Street View rolled past their stadium.
The photo session was staged Tuesday with the aim of showcasing sumo and the Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo's premier sumo venue, and included 68 sumo wrestlers lined up in front of the building as Google's nine cameras, offering a 360-degree view of the area, traveled past on a specially equipped bicycle, Mainichi Shimbun reported Wednesday.
The pictures will appear in Google's Street View next year, allowing users to see the area as if they were traveling through it.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers