Sumo wrestlers in Tokyo posed for mobile cameras as the online mapping system Google Maps Street View rolled past their stadium.
The photo session was staged Tuesday with the aim of showcasing sumo and the Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo's premier sumo venue, and included 68 sumo wrestlers lined up in front of the building as Google's nine cameras, offering a 360-degree view of the area, traveled past on a specially equipped bicycle, Mainichi Shimbun reported Wednesday.
The pictures will appear in Google's Street View next year, allowing users to see the area as if they were traveling through it.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs