Sumo wrestlers in Tokyo posed for mobile cameras as the online mapping system Google Maps Street View rolled past their stadium.
The photo session was staged Tuesday with the aim of showcasing sumo and the Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo's premier sumo venue, and included 68 sumo wrestlers lined up in front of the building as Google's nine cameras, offering a 360-degree view of the area, traveled past on a specially equipped bicycle, Mainichi Shimbun reported Wednesday.
The pictures will appear in Google's Street View next year, allowing users to see the area as if they were traveling through it.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison