Women are more likely than men to be in charge of the household
purse strings but men find it easier to stick to budgets, research
Half of women (51%) surveyed by the Money Advice Service who have a family budget said they are in sole charge of it, compared with 36% of men. Men tend to be more confident about their ability to stick to such a plan, with 51% finding this easy compared with 36% of women.
Those living in Scotland and Northern Ireland are the most likely to be on top of budgeting, with 70% and 69% respectively saying they are.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post