Women are more likely than men to be in charge of the household
purse strings but men find it easier to stick to budgets, research
Half of women (51%) surveyed by the Money Advice Service who have a family budget said they are in sole charge of it, compared with 36% of men. Men tend to be more confident about their ability to stick to such a plan, with 51% finding this easy compared with 36% of women.
Those living in Scotland and Northern Ireland are the most likely to be on top of budgeting, with 70% and 69% respectively saying they are.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week