Women are more likely than men to be in charge of the household
purse strings but men find it easier to stick to budgets, research
Half of women (51%) surveyed by the Money Advice Service who have a family budget said they are in sole charge of it, compared with 36% of men. Men tend to be more confident about their ability to stick to such a plan, with 51% finding this easy compared with 36% of women.
Those living in Scotland and Northern Ireland are the most likely to be on top of budgeting, with 70% and 69% respectively saying they are.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas