Women are more likely than men to be in charge of the household
purse strings but men find it easier to stick to budgets, research
Half of women (51%) surveyed by the Money Advice Service who have a family budget said they are in sole charge of it, compared with 36% of men. Men tend to be more confident about their ability to stick to such a plan, with 51% finding this easy compared with 36% of women.
Those living in Scotland and Northern Ireland are the most likely to be on top of budgeting, with 70% and 69% respectively saying they are.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry