AJAX, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/24/12 -- Environmental Waste International Inc. (EWS) (TSX VENTURE: EWS) has received its new Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA) permit from the Ontario Ministry of Environment for its TR900 tire recycling system in Sault Ste. Marie. EWS will resume at will operation of the system after the required post combustion treatment for the power generator is installed, which it expects will occur before the end of January, 2013.
The TR900 system breaks down used tires into carbon, steel and vapor. The vapor is cooled to allow oil to condense and the remaining gas is scrubbed, blended with natural gas and fed into a generator to produce power. Over the past several months, various groups of potential buyers have visited the site to observe the TR900 in operation. The system operated very well and met the processing parameters it was designed for. Visiting parties were impressed with its operation.
Based on the enthusiastic response by potential buyers to the TR900 pilot waste tire plant, the EWS Board has decided to begin the search for a new CEO. The Board has determined that the commercialization of EWS's Reverse Polymerization technology will require a new set of management skills.
EWS has designed systems for the breakdown and recovery of usable byproducts from several organic materials, including rubber tires, and for the sterilization of medical, animal, liquid and food waste. EWS continues to explore other applications for its technology. Please visit the EWS website at: www.ewmc.com.
WARNING: The Company relies upon litigation protection for "forward-looking" statements.
The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Environmental Waste International Inc.
Dr. Stephen Simms
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women