Olivia Culpo, the current Miss USA titleholder, was declared Miss Universe in Las Vegas Wednesday night.
Miss Philippines, Janine Tugonon, was the pageant's runner-up, while Miss Venezuela, Irene Sofia Esser Quintero, came in third.
Culpo, 20, is from Rhode Island. She is the first American to win the Miss Universe crown since Brook Lee in 1997.
This year's 2-hour pageant aired on NBC, with Andy Cohen and Giuliana Rancic serving as co-hosts.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia