The Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (MHCC) applauds the Ford Motor Company Fund for its collaboration with the Mexicantown Community Development Center and its considerable investment aimed at reviving the promise of the Mexicantown Mercado, the cultural center of Detroit's Latino community in Southwest Detroit. MHCC pledges to support the Ford Fund and the Mexicantown Community Development Corporation as it promotes energy and vitality into the artistic, cultural and commercial life of Southwest Detroit.
"As the premier advocate for Hispanic business in Michigan, MHCC supports the Ford Fund's initiative to invest with Mexicantown Community Development Corporation, the original developer of the Mexicantown Mercado, to revive this Latino cultural centerpiece and all that it means to the Latino community in Southwest Detroit," said Armando Ojeda, Executive Director, Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. "Mexicantown contains the most vibrant retail environment within the City of Detroit; the Mexicantown Mercado will only enhance the commercial attractiveness of the area."
Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (MHCC) is a non-profit business association, promoting the growth of Hispanic businesses and the economic vitality of the Latino community. The MHCC represents the interests of 11,000 Hispanic owned businesses in the State of Michigan and is dedicated to promoting economic development by enabling access to business opportunities and resources for growth and development. The Chamber continues to strive to spotlight minority companies and to promote partnerships between major Corporations and small business in the Americas.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records