The Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (MHCC) applauds the Ford Motor Company Fund for its collaboration with the Mexicantown Community Development Center and its considerable investment aimed at reviving the promise of the Mexicantown Mercado, the cultural center of Detroit's Latino community in Southwest Detroit. MHCC pledges to support the Ford Fund and the Mexicantown Community Development Corporation as it promotes energy and vitality into the artistic, cultural and commercial life of Southwest Detroit.
"As the premier advocate for Hispanic business in Michigan, MHCC supports the Ford Fund's initiative to invest with Mexicantown Community Development Corporation, the original developer of the Mexicantown Mercado, to revive this Latino cultural centerpiece and all that it means to the Latino community in Southwest Detroit," said Armando Ojeda, Executive Director, Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. "Mexicantown contains the most vibrant retail environment within the City of Detroit; the Mexicantown Mercado will only enhance the commercial attractiveness of the area."
Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (MHCC) is a non-profit business association, promoting the growth of Hispanic businesses and the economic vitality of the Latino community. The MHCC represents the interests of 11,000 Hispanic owned businesses in the State of Michigan and is dedicated to promoting economic development by enabling access to business opportunities and resources for growth and development. The Chamber continues to strive to spotlight minority companies and to promote partnerships between major Corporations and small business in the Americas.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes