Oscar nominated A-list actor joined children, traders and brokers on CIBC's trading floor
Mark Wahlberg, with other top entertainment and sport personalities such as Rasta Phil, helped CIBC employees and clients raise a record $4.5 million for Canadian children's charities on Miracle Day.
"I know first-hand the important work done by charities and organizations that support youth," said Mr. Wahlberg. "As a kid, I was fortunate enough to spend my free time in the positive and nurturing environment of the Boys and Girls club. I am pleased to support CIBC Miracle Day because together we can make a difference."
Held this year on Dec. 5, CIBC's Miracle Day is the annual flagship fundraising event for the CIBC Children's Foundation. It has raised a total of nearly $69 million donated to hundreds of children's charities across Canada since 1984.
"This year's Miracle Day was an incredibly successful day for the CIBC Children's Foundation, thanks in part to the presence of personalities like Mark Wahlberg and Rasta Phil," said Allison White Gryspeerdt, Senior Manager of National Programs for CIBC Children's Foundation.
"I am glad to have been involved in this year's Miracle Day event and helped to raise more attention for the CIBC Children's Foundation," says Rasta Phil, aka Phil Thomas, who is a music star and mentor/advisor/co-producer to many famous artists and music groups via his company Rasta Phil Entertainment, including Mark Wahlberg and the New Edition. "It is an important charitable event that deserves to get all the funds possible to support children's needs across the country."
Most Popular Stories
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver