U.S. pop star Madonna told fans who were smoking at her recent concert in Santiago, Chile, to snuff out their cigarettes or she would cancel the show.
"There are people smoking right now," TMZ quoted the singer as telling the crowd at Thursday night's gig at an open-air stadium.
"No smoking! ... If you're going to smoke cigarettes, I'm not doing a show," she shouted. "You don't care about me? I don't care about you. All right? Are we going to play that game? I'm not kidding. I can't sing if you smoke ... Entiendes [understand]? You're looking right at me and smoking cigarettes, like I'm a stupid [expletive] idiot."
TMZ said the offending smokers eventually put out their cigarettes and Madonna went on with her show.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting