U.S. pop star Madonna told fans who were smoking at her recent concert in Santiago, Chile, to snuff out their cigarettes or she would cancel the show.
"There are people smoking right now," TMZ quoted the singer as telling the crowd at Thursday night's gig at an open-air stadium.
"No smoking! ... If you're going to smoke cigarettes, I'm not doing a show," she shouted. "You don't care about me? I don't care about you. All right? Are we going to play that game? I'm not kidding. I can't sing if you smoke ... Entiendes [understand]? You're looking right at me and smoking cigarettes, like I'm a stupid [expletive] idiot."
TMZ said the offending smokers eventually put out their cigarettes and Madonna went on with her show.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields