U.S. pop star Madonna told fans who were smoking at her recent concert in Santiago, Chile, to snuff out their cigarettes or she would cancel the show.
"There are people smoking right now," TMZ quoted the singer as telling the crowd at Thursday night's gig at an open-air stadium.
"No smoking! ... If you're going to smoke cigarettes, I'm not doing a show," she shouted. "You don't care about me? I don't care about you. All right? Are we going to play that game? I'm not kidding. I can't sing if you smoke ... Entiendes [understand]? You're looking right at me and smoking cigarettes, like I'm a stupid [expletive] idiot."
TMZ said the offending smokers eventually put out their cigarettes and Madonna went on with her show.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Cuba Publishes Text of Foreign Investment Law