U.S. pop star Madonna told fans who were smoking at her recent concert in Santiago, Chile, to snuff out their cigarettes or she would cancel the show.
"There are people smoking right now," TMZ quoted the singer as telling the crowd at Thursday night's gig at an open-air stadium.
"No smoking! ... If you're going to smoke cigarettes, I'm not doing a show," she shouted. "You don't care about me? I don't care about you. All right? Are we going to play that game? I'm not kidding. I can't sing if you smoke ... Entiendes [understand]? You're looking right at me and smoking cigarettes, like I'm a stupid [expletive] idiot."
TMZ said the offending smokers eventually put out their cigarettes and Madonna went on with her show.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset