U.S. pop star Madonna told fans who were smoking at her recent concert in Santiago, Chile, to snuff out their cigarettes or she would cancel the show.
"There are people smoking right now," TMZ quoted the singer as telling the crowd at Thursday night's gig at an open-air stadium.
"No smoking! ... If you're going to smoke cigarettes, I'm not doing a show," she shouted. "You don't care about me? I don't care about you. All right? Are we going to play that game? I'm not kidding. I can't sing if you smoke ... Entiendes [understand]? You're looking right at me and smoking cigarettes, like I'm a stupid [expletive] idiot."
TMZ said the offending smokers eventually put out their cigarettes and Madonna went on with her show.
Most Popular Stories
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others