Dozens of celebrities, including Jamie Foxx and Jennifer Aniston, appeared in a public service announcement asking U.S. citizens to demand tougher gun control.
The PSA -- produced by Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a coalition of hundreds of U.S. mayors led by Michael Bloomberg of New York and Thomas Menino of Boston -- was released Friday, one week after a 20-year-old gunman opened fire in a Connecticut elementary school, killing 20 first-graders and six staffers.
The celebrity message also debuted the same day the National Rifle Association blamed the entertainment industry and media for influencing people who commit gun violence.
The video features appearances by Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Paul Rudd, Jeremy Renner, Beyonce, Jennifer Garner, Christina Applegate, Julianne Moore, John Legend, Elizabeth Banks, Carla Gugino, Jason Bateman, Will Ferrell, Selena Gomez, Peter Dinklage, Rashida Jones, Michelle Williams, Conan O'Brien, Amy Poehler, Chris Rock and Reese Witherspoon.
"How many more colleges? How many more classrooms? How many more movie theaters? How many more houses of faith? How many more shopping malls? How many more street corners? Enough. Demand a plan right now," the stars in the PSA told fans.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops