MISSION, KS -- (Marketwire) -- 12/20/12 -- (Family Features) This holiday season, as you're making a list and checking it twice; don't forget to treat your most loyal companion -- your cat.
According to a new survey conducted by TEMPTATIONS® Treats for Cats, you won't be alone. Nearly half of all cat owners go the extra mile this time of year to buy their cat the pawfect gift.
Ladies, if you think you're spending more on your cat than the men, think again. It was discovered that men are more likely to outspend women on their cat during the holidays. More than 34 percent of men surveyed said they'd spend upwards of $11 to $20 on their cat's gift, while just over 38 percent of women estimate spending closer to $6 to $10.
"Incorporating treats into your holiday and daily routine can build and strengthen your relationship with your cat and reinforce your cat's behavior," said Dr. Tiffany Bierer, a nutrition manager for Mars Petcare U.S., the makers of TEMPTATIONS® Treats for Cats. "A positive reward helps your cat recognize what you want them to do, and creates playful moments during the holidays and beyond."
Consider this advice when shopping for treats and toys to fill your feline friends' stockings:
•Even though more than 84 percent of respondents say they'd buy their cats toys for the holidays, cat owners mostly believe their cats actually want treats (41.1 percent). Treating your cat not only builds and strengthens the pet/owner relationship, but it also reinforces behavior, as positive rewards help the pet recognize what you want your feline friend to do.
•If keeping your kitty fit this holiday is a priority, then TEMPTATIONS® Treats for Cats have you covered. At only 2 calories per treat, they pack a great combination of flavor and nutritional benefit.
•Gifts that do double-duty can make you just as happy as your kitty companion. For example, a new scratching post is a fun new diversion, but it also helps direct kitty's attention away from your furniture and carpet.
•Look for a variety of toys. Some are intended for solely independent play; while others let you get in on the fun and create bonding opportunities.
If you're still stumped on what gift will be the cat's meow, check out the wish-list generator at www.facebook.com/temptations. Answer a few simple questions about your cat's personality, and the wish-list generator will produce customized gift ideas to delight even the most fickle feline.
®/ Trademarks © Mars, Incorporated 2012.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2186996
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'