Internet social network Twitter, based in San Francisco, said its users would be able to access an archive of all their tweets -- English-speaking users first.
The archive option has already began to appear as an option for some users, The Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.
"If you don't see that option in Settings today, know that it's on the way!" Twitter said in an online posting.
Twitter's Chief Executive Officer Dick Costolo had said the option would be in place before the end of the 2012. It began appearing over the past weekend, the Times said.
The option requires looking through account settings and scrolling down. Users should look for an option labeled "Your Twitter archive."
Users who click on "Request your archive," will receive an email notifying them when their archive is ready.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?